Monday, June 22, 2009

So It Begins

Some time ago, I realized that making money isn't everything and that a life dedicated to saving the world could make measly paychecks worthwhile. Unfortunately, both Superman and Batman have hiring freezes (thank you economic crisis!), so on to Plan B--professional dancing and teaching. I've already secured a teaching job (well...sort of) for the days, but I've yet to receive any positive feedback from prospective employers concerning my "dancing" resume. Despite this initial setback, I remain optimistic, mainly, because I hear the tips are a great way to supplement your rent. Fortunately, I don't have an apartment, or even know in which borough in NYC I'll be teaching, so at this point, rent is an afterthought.

However, in future posts, you can look forward to all the shenanigans involved in interviewing with principals, searching for an apartment, living in a huge, gigantic, enorrrrmmmooouuuusss triple in a dorm at St. John's University--site of my summer training for TFMC (Teach For My Country, a subtle pseudonym for the organization that hired me--necesarry because of some rules about using their name in publications--but has yet to place me in a school that will actually pay me come the beginning of school)--and other adventures related to the life of a superhero/teacher in NYC.

ONE LAST THING, apparently this whole real world deal, with jobs and bills and what not, is pretty time consuming... SO, I hope you'lll bare with me if the posts don't come as quick as they used to (think about it). Enjoy. Find it funny, but read with caution, as you might watch fox news. And wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment